1.27.2009

If history of a person:

:then it would feel like this on the fingers (>>>>>), scales and indicators, it would give notice of things coming, cataloguing, stowing away. If history of a person:

1) Sleeping in a van in winter, can't sleep and shivering. Wanted this.
2) The severed man, raising his arms, soon gone.
3) The clouds foul with stirring, tornado coming to murder, flatten.

etc. endless, or expanding:

American Midwest. The warehouse flooded since the roof didn't get finished in time and the rains came persistent and early. The sun had not come up yet, and not for another hour. But the reflection of the steel structure doubled itself in the black rainwater, soaked shadows angling across steel. Sped through it all, dangerously fast and alone in that vast doubled cushioning dark. (And thinking: I'm so tired, and I'm never able to sleep. This work does this. This work.)

Or later, in summer, watching the tall golden weeds splash in the winds across a noonday sun. A quiet and I closed my eyes. I felt a history. I felt a history.


(>>>>>)

No comments: